Re: rpc.lockd

On Mon, Mar 07, 2011 at 02:01:42PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> My /var/log/messages is flooded with
>
>   rpc.lockd: no matching entry for machinename
>   rpc.lockd: duplicate lock from machinename.number
>
> The clients are all ubuntu 10.04.
>
> Before are embark on the hunt with -d, any hints on where to look?

In fact I see the same as an old thread which ends

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2009/11/25/msg011429.html

The server is NetBSD-current/amd64 (5.99.47)

I am running rpc.lockd -d 10. AFAICT from the code, any value of debuglevel
greater than 3 should print everything, and there aren't any more clues.

I suppose avoiding locks using the nolock option may avoid the issues,
but I wonder how the duplicate locks form in the first place - presumably
those messages are correct?

Cheers,

Patrick