Re: x86 disklabels - again

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:45:01PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:

> Now, when I create the disklabel for this drive, should the raw-part
> span the entire drive, or is it only for the NetBSD partition?  And

'd' spans the entire drive, 'c' spans the NetBSD partition.

> should the partition offsets be relative to the start of the disk,
> or relative to the NetBSD partition start?

The offsets are absolute.  FreeBSD uses "BSD disklabels" with relative
offsets, which is why we trash them...

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart