Re: postfix smpt auth no worthy mechs found

>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 07:48:58PM -0800, wrote:
> status=deferred (SASL authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
>[]: no mechanism available)

I found a solution. I apparently need cy2-plain installed, and probably
don't need saslauthd.

So, the steps were:

1. Install postfix with tls and sasl
2. Install cy2-plain

Follow the postfix sasl and tls howtos...

In relayhost should specify the port. In sasl_passwd, it should
NOT specify the port. The howto says that you must specify the port in
sasl_passwd if it is a "non-standard" port. I guess 587/submission is not