Re: Replacing Postfix

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:00:33PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> I also apologise for the "ping pong -style brainstorming", even if I
> have absolutely NFI what you mean.  We used to have 2 MTAs in our
> tree, and that has been reduced to 1, a correct decision IMO.  It's
> not as if we have ever been too light on the MTA front.  Not sure
> where the ping-pong is coming from here.

I mean we have projects for better support in existing software, and the
next moment we are talking about removing the software.

> it easily.  I don't see there are any parallels with groff/mdocml, but
> maybe that's just me.

It was discussed that having PDF and Postscript support in mdocml would be
needed, but now it seems that groff(1) will stay in the base.

> Now don't get me wrong - I love postfix, and have been using it for ages.
> But I use it on machines where I want to send and receive mail. I don't
> usually want or need it on every single box.

I do not have an opinion about the actual MTA or its replacement.

- Jukka.