Re: Replacing Postfix

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 05:21:43PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> I do wonder if the time has come to move to a small mini_sendmail STYLE
> MTA by default, with anything meatier coming from pkgsrc.

Why?

I have to wonder about this ping-pong -style brainstorming. We just had a
successful GSOC project to implement a SASL client library with the partial
motivation to integrate it with Postfix.[1] There is a parallel to the
situation with mdocml, and the work put forward to support -Tps/-Tpdf.

- Jukka.

[1] http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/sasl_client_lib/