Re: Replacing Postfix

In article <20101217224423.GA23858%panix.com@localhost>,
Thor Lancelot Simon  <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 04:11:38PM +0000, IT geek 31 wrote:
>>
>> Please can someone give me some pointers on how to compile Postfix from
>> pkgsrc, to include TLS and SASL support?  I need to remove the installed
>> package (which I can do), and any base install.

Just build and install it. Then you can edit /etc/postfix/main.cf and
make the following changes:

command_directory = /usr/pkg/sbin
daemon_directory = /usr/pkg/libexec/postfix
share_directory = /usr/pkg/share/postfix
man_directory = /usr/pkg/man

Then you are going to use the pkgsrc postfix instead of the installed in
base.

Soon we are going to have SASL support that does not need CYRUS in the base
version.

christos