Re: Replacing Postfix

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 04:11:38PM +0000, IT geek 31 wrote:
> I have an excellent Postfix installed and configured exactly how I need it.
> The only thing it lacks is TLS and SASL support.

Postfix in NetBSD supports both TLS and SASL. Turning on TLS just
needs a few config lines like this in "/etc/postfix/":

        # TLS: client side
        smtp_use_tls = yes
        smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
        smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = yes
        smtp_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/certs/my-cacert.pem

        # TLS: server side
        smtpd_use_tls = yes
        smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/certs/my-key.pem
        smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/certs/my-cert.pem
        smtpd_tls_CAfile = /etc/postfix/certs/my-cacert.pem
        smtpd_tls_loglevel = 1
        smtpd_tls_received_header = yes

For SASL support you configure Postfix to talk to Dovecot (which is
available under "pkgsrc/mail/dovecot"). The Dovecot Wiki has
excellent documentation for configuring this:

I'm using such a setup on my own mail server and it works like a charm.

        Kind regards

Matthias Scheler