Re: Huawei E1820

On Mon, Dec 06, 2010 at 10:23:51AM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> > I bought an A-Link WNAP 3G Mobile Router for the modem and it appears to
> > work, but I can't disable NAT (or make it a brigde) an I'd rather skip the
> > extra box if possible..
>
> The latter can't work, as you can't bridge PPP interfaces to Ethernet
> (only Ethernet to Ethernet).  UMTS is just a fast serial line with PPP,
> isn't it?

But I think the router could still act a bit like a bridge, passing all IP
traffic between Ethernet and UMTS transparently.  Now I can't disable NAT
and the IP given by UMTS is used by the router, not by my NetBSD box.
(When I was using the Finnish @450 network, the NetBSD box got a public
IP from the modem.)  Well, it seems to work, anyway, so it's not really
a problem.

  -jm