Re: NetBSD-5.1 kernel crash with msdos filesystem

In Message <20101121180308.b7f9fb37.cryintothebluesky%googlemail.com@localhost>,
   Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%googlemail.com@localhost>wrote:

=>This is happening on amd64 architecture. Mount msdos filesystem and
=>then try to create directory on that filesystem with mkdir. You
=>immediately get kernel crash.
=>
=>At the moment I don't have a backtrace (USB keyboard does not respond
=>in kernel debugger). I vaguely remember seeing this before, but I'm not
=>too sure on the details.
=>
=>Is anyone else seeing this? This seems to happen only on 64-bit
=>architectures, like amd64. Any ideas?

   I vaguely remember something similar. I believe I used rump_msdos
to get around it. It may still crash, but at least it won't crash
the kernel, and it should be easier to debug.

                                        Gary Duzan