Re: Status of NetBSD 5.1?

From "sac" <sacchi%gmail.com@localhost>:

> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Thomas Mueller
> <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:
> > What is the current status of NetBSD 5.1?  Latest announcement was for
> > 5.1_RC4, but I browsed ftp.netbsd.org and nyftp.netbsd.org and found 5.1
> > already available for download, dating to Nov 7 or 11.

> NetBSD 5.1 was released sometime back. Announcement:
> http://netbsd.org/releases/formal-5/NetBSD-5.1.html

I still wonder why NetBSD 5.1 announcement was so much delayed; remember
5.1_RC4 announcement was also delayed.

I'd like to see if the release fixes the video screen bugs of RC4.

On the smbfs bug, I am unlikely to use smbfs on present computer, so that bug
would probably not affect me.

I can then decide, if video screen bugs persist, whether to burn my bridges on
NetBSD 5.x in favor of -current.  It would also be nice to be able to read my
Linux ext2fs partition from NetBSD.

Tom