Re: Intel GMA 3150

On Nov 16, 2010, at 3:07 PM, Sad Clouds wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:08:02 -0600
> David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 06:35:48PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
>>> Hmm... kernel mode setting? No idea, does anyone know what the
>>> status of kernel mode setting for NetBSD is?
>>
>> For starters, we need an API for userland to
>
> Other X11 drivers worked without any kernel mode setting APIs, why is
> there a need for it now? It was probably developed to work with
> Linux only. Now everybody else has to jump through the hoops to have it
> working.

I'm in the same boat.  I built a silent home server based on an Intel Atom D510
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121399) and it runs
fine using amd64 (5.1_RC4).  The only way to get X up and running, though, was
to use the vesa driver.  Doesn't look like X is functioning in FreebSD yet
either (http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=10668).

Good luck...