Re: Intel GMA 3150

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 06:35:48PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> Hmm... kernel mode setting? No idea, does anyone know what the status
> of kernel mode setting for NetBSD is?

For starters, we need an API for userland to

* read from the kernel the available refresh rates, x and y resolution,
  color format & depth (RGBA, BGRA, bits per channel), and to

* write to the kernel the desired refresh rate, x and y resolution, et
  cetera.

It looks to me like wsdisplay(4) may describe part of that API already.
We need kernel framebuffer drivers to support that API.

Dave