Re: Xinit don't appair remote?

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 16:45 +0200, "Caloro Maurizio" <mauric%gmx.ch@localhost>
wrote:
> After the programs xclock, Abiword or Gnumeric now successfully on the
> SSH tunnel to my Windows machine with Xming server work, I would be
> interested in why this xinit "startx" is only "local" shown on the bsd
> machine.

xinit and startx start up a new X server.  You already have an X server
running (Xming), so you probably don't need to start a new one.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?  What happens on your local
machine when you type "startx" that you would like to see on the remote
machine instead?

Ian Leroux