Re: Installing NetBSD on Virtual Box

Hi George,

Thanks! The work-around works! Now I can run NetBSD on VirtualBox and
dump evil evil vmware. I still have issues to resolve (I can't move my
mouse on X11) but this issue is not specific to Virtual Box (VMware
has the same problem).

For the record:  To make it work what I did was switch from the
command "VirtualBox" to "VBoxSDL" and kept the --norawr0 flag. So
altogether, this is the command that works for me:

VBoxSDL --norawr0 --startvm NetBSD

I don't know why "VirtualBox" and "VBoxSDL" would behave differently,
but at this point I don't care :)  I just want to focus on getting my
mouse to work on X11.

Thanks again!

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 8:39 AM, George Georgalis wrote:
> On Tue 18 May 2010 at 05:21:13 PM -0700, George Georgalis wrote:
>>cf kern/43262: install cdrom drops into debugger with Sun VirtualBox (vbox)
> I bought a VT-x computer, but without it, you can use the workaround...
> That was two or 3 versions ago.

Intolerant people should be shot.