Xorg/radeon update renders console unreadable

Hello,

Since there is/was a bug with Xorg and OpenMotif leading sometimes the
application to grab the mouse, I decided to update from pkgsrc.

This is pkgsrc-2010Q1.

My NetBSD is still 3.*:

NetBSD 3.1.1_PATCH (custom CONFIG) #0: Sun Apr 18 10:37:18 CEST 2010

When using the "ati" driver, loading the "radeon" for my ATI radeon AGP
card, the consoles are almost not readable: the glyphes are fading.

On a guess, I suspect whether that the "colors" are encoded in 24/32 but
only a subset is set by wscons (hence the pale rendering); or something
with a "frame buffer" expected/used by default, that is not here.

I'm back to vesa for now.

Does somebody have any clue on the configuration (whether Xorg or
wscons)? Did somebody already see the same?

BTW, for others, in pkgsrc, the xf86-server-radeonhd is not the correct
driver (is not up to date with Xorg-server ABI). One has to use
the xf86-server-ati.

Cheers,
                      http://www.kergis.com/