Re: NetBSD 5.0.2

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Michael Shestero
<shestero%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Trying to configure NetBSD 5.0.2 on Asus EEE 901. Installed from ISO with
> standart options (I have external USB DVD).
> 1. What should I do to enable network ethernet interface? (first of all
> wired).

This is in the NetBSD documentation, but you have to use the ifconfig
command, or you can also set this up on the rc.conf file.

> 2. Does anywhere present a preinstalled SDD image of the system? Compiled
> kernel for this netbook? Or just configuration file?

I don't know what SDD is.

> 3. Is there any user-friendly tool to edit /etc/rc.conf

Only a text editor. Check /etc/defaults/rc.conf for some examples of stuff.

> 3. (dummy question) where to obtain kernel source exact for 5.0.2 ?

Should be #4, heh.

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-5.0.2/source/sets/syssrc.tgz

Andy