Re: Definition of NetBSD users

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 01:40:05AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 02:54:41PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > I haven't had a native compiled firefox work reliably in 3+ years (they
> > appear to hang up in domain resolution after a few minutes)
>
> Is there a PR? How can I reproduce the problem?

I hestitate filing because I can't put my finger down on the problem any
further than "DNS resolution appears to hang after a few minutes."  it
may be i386 specific for all I know, or may be particular to my
configuration.  (as usual, it's easier just to bitch about it than do
the research necessary to ask more intelligent questions.)

reproducing it is straightforward, albeit time-consuming: pkg_comp build
www/firefox, install resulting package (and dependencies), attempt to
use it, and note a lockup apparently in DNS resolution after a few
minutes.

> (I use a native sparc64 pkgsrc firefox every day and it is,
> subjectively, as stable as a win32 one, modulo, of course, flash
> support - which I gladly not need at all).

I suppose I could get one of my sparc64 machines going, but I suspect a
web browser as a remote X client isn't what it used to be...

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost