Re: The Chthulhoid horror that is keyboard handling in Unix

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 08:05:05PM +0200, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
> Does anyone else feel the same?  Any ideas?  Wouldn't necessarily have
> to be in any way related to the NetBSD project, but I'll ask here.

I always wondered why X worked differently than the console.  I still
don't know why, but at least I have a workaround.  I propose that either
X should be patched for the key above enter to produce the Delete
keysym, or the console code be patched to produce ^H.  I don't really
care which direction, I just want it broken/fixed to a consistent state.

dumb terminals have always worked well for me under NetBSD.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost