Backspace, Delete and other keys

Hello,

I just installed NetBSD 5.0.2 but I soon encountered a little but
annoying problem: Backspace, Delete, PgUp and PgDown keys don't work
as expected. That is, Backspace should erase the character before the
cursor, Delete should erase the character after the cursor, PgUp
should scroll the page up and PgDown should scroll the page down. I'm
not in front of my NetBSD system right now, so I can't tell you what
actually happens when I press those keys. I only remember that they
don't work in vi and more, for example. Don't know if it could be
useful, but my TERM variable is set to vt100. I also read somewhere I
should avoid using those keys in NetBSD and use some Ctrl key
combination instead. Is this true?

Thanks.