Re: Backspace, Delete and other keys

At Wed, 31 Mar 2010 14:00:18 +0200, fctk <> wrote:
Subject: Backspace, Delete and other keys
> I just installed NetBSD 5.0.2 but I soon encountered a little but
> annoying problem: Backspace, Delete, PgUp and PgDown keys don't work
> as expected. That is, Backspace should erase the character before the
> cursor, Delete should erase the character after the cursor, PgUp

If you want the "backspace" key on a NetBSD i386 console with a
standard-ish PC keyboard to generate an ASCII "backspace" 0x08
<Control-H>, and the "delete" key to generate ASCII "delete" 0x7f, you
can try this:

    wsconsctl -w map+="keycode 14 = BackSpace" > /dev/null
    wsconsctl -w map+="keycode 211 = Cmd_ResetEmul Delete" > /dev/null

I usually put those two lines in my /etc/rc.local (on systems with
normal keyboard/screen consoles).

(or I hack the source to do the same :-))

Sadly I don't think it is so easy to swap the <control> and <caps lock>

                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<>       +1 416 218 0099