Re: Definition of NetBSD users

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 01:05:03PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> [...]
> For example server & desktop users are recommended to use binary
> distribution so that they can use the most reliable, stable one and

Why ? Why should binaries built from sources be less stable or reliable ?
The point of NetBSD is that I can rebuild softwares with the options I need
easily. These days I run mostly binaries 5.0.2 releases on servers, but with
custom kernels from netbsd-5, and some packages rebuilt from sources with
non-default options.