Re: Compiling x11-links from pkgsrc

Matthias Scheler schrieb:
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:13:27PM +0100, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
2010/1/28 Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>:
That is your problem. You need "-A -rpkgsrc-2009Q4 -D -p" to properly
switch to the new branch.
Matthias,

you mean "-d -P", don't you?

Yes, indeed, sorry.

But what would fail when you leave out "-A"?

"-A" resets previously defined tags which is advisable as he tries to
switch from one branch to another.

        Kind regards

Okay, now the errors changed somewhat. :-)

First a question for understanding: If I change the X11_TYPE setting in mk.conf (which "is not supported in an existing installation") I use the above syntax to reset the flags and get a clean pkgsrc with changed X11_TYPE, correct?

Okay, I have run make install in /usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/bacula-qt-console again (after pkgsrc upgrade with the above syntax), and received the following errors:

build dependency x11-links>=0.45.5.0.1 not found ... Possible solutions:
   install x headers and libraries in X11Base (currently /usr/X11R6)
   set X11_TYPE=module in mk.conf to use X11 from pkgsrc

So I thought I give X11_TYPE=modular a try, but then I received a "Do not include x11.buildlink3.mk for X11_TYPE != "native "". As far as I interprete this there is a dependency for bacula-qt that cannot be resolved with X11 from pkgsrc. Is that right? And can I change something to get it resolved with modular X11?

And what could I do to "install x headers ..."? I thought installing the xcomp.tgz set does include these?

Thanks for your help and patience.

Dirk