Re: Recovering from botched update? (NetBSD guide feedback also!)

On 24/01/2010, Aleksej Saushev <asau%inbox.ru@localhost> wrote:

> Fetch sets corresponding to your kernel (or before it)
> and unpack them over your system, the base set is essential:
>
> su root -c 'cd / && /rescue/pax -zrpe -f /some/path/base.tgz'
>
> Unpack other sets except etc.tgz similarly.

This is all very useful information, thank you.  But I can't do
anything now -- I couldn't type in any of the suggestions from others
in this thread because I kept getting core dumps.  Oops.  Similarly,
trying to reboot my machine and drop into single-user mode, resulted
in the following:

root file system type: ffs
panic: init died (signal 0, exit 1)
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode
trap type 1 code 0 eip c053d1bc cs 8 eflags 246 cr2 bbbec03c ilevel 0
Stopped in pid 1.1 (init) at netbsd:breakpoint+0x4: popl %ebp
db{0}>

... which isn't good.  Is there a way to recover from this?

David