Re: Compilation questions

Hello Curzon!

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 07:13:26AM -0800, curzon dax wrote:
> Still very pleased with NetBSD. Thanks for giving me a stable box.
You will like it more and more! :-)

> Now on to my question: I migrated to NetBSD from Gentoo a while back now,
> and in Gentoo it was possible to compile everything (meaning kernel,
> packages etc) in RAM. Is there such a provision in NetBSD, and if there is,
> how do I go about it? (Or if it's documented anywhere, could you please
> point me in the right direction?)
Mmmh, i didn't understand well your question... do you mean that you'd
like to use the ram as WRKOBJDIR[0]?
in order to do that (i'm using this example everyday on my Eee PC 900
with NetBSD 5.0.1: its SSD is pretty slow and this configuration speed
up the compilation a lot) you need for example mount /tmp as tmpfs[1]
(in this case I use 256MB, 1GB of ram for me is a lot :-)):

 tmpfs     /tmp     tmpfs   rw,-s256M

and also:

that's all.

Hope this helps and enjoy NetBSD Curzon!

Ciao, Leonardo
 Leonardo Taccari |