Re: need help for xorg on laptop

Am 05.01.2010 um 19:40 schrieb Morgan M.C.M-L:

Hello

I've finished an Acer Laptop installation but X gives me vertical lines of red and black. On this Acer aspire 1350, I've done this :

X -configure
vi /root/xorg.conf.new (to write in this):

HorizSync       31.5 - 48.0
VertRefresh     59.0 - 75.0
Modes 1024x768

X -config /root/xorg.conf.new gave me vertical red an black lines and freeze the lapptop.

Modifying [Driver "via" by "vesa"] gives me :
Vesa no matching modes
Screen found but bobe have a usable configuration

Any ideas ? Horiz and VertRefresh does match on slackware and backtrack...
Thank you.

With this information we can not really help you. The least you should post is

- a dmesg of your computer
- your xorg.conf file
- the /var/log/Xorg.0.log file

I am not saying that I will be able to provide any help once you post this information, but withouth it is impossible to determine what your problem could be.

- mb