install help - overwrote Apple partition map (I think)

I fear that I have screwed up. I am trying to install netbsd on a G3
iBook with Open Firmware 3. Unfortunately, I didn't see the part of
the INSTALL that said to partition and create the file system manually
instead of letting the installer do it on Open Firmware 3 systems, and
went ahead and created a standard three partition scheme. As a
consequence I'm afraid I overwrote the Apple partition map, and now I
cannot boot the machine from its hard drive.

The install instructions have no information about restoring an Apple
partition map. Can I recover?

Thanks,
Glen