Re: ZFS status wrt FreeBSD, (open)solaris.

George Michaelson wrote:
I am interested in the status of ZFS on NetBSD with respect
 to FreeBSD 8.0 and opensolaris.

FreeBSD 8.0 regard it as 'release ready' -but its sometimes commented on in ways which imply its still 'immature'

Opensolaris supports almost all the mainstream solaris features except duplicate block removal, and in particular has raidz3 which is not yet on FreeBSD.

slightly ot I think, but as of b129, opensolaris does support duplicate removal :

 uname -a
SunOS wattage 5.11 snv_129 i86pc i386 i86pc
-bash-4.0$ zpool list
NAME      SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
backups   696G   413G   283G    59%  4.62x  ONLINE  -