Re: Netgear FA411

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:01:43 +0100
Helge Muehlmeier <H_Muehlmeier%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 02:10:38PM -0800, Tim Howe wrote:
> > I have a Netgear FA411 pcmcia ethernet card.
>
> It would be nice to know what chipset is in that card...

        It appears as though that card uses the Asix Ax88790 chipset.  I
attempted to force the driver to detect the card this way, but that apparently
isn't the right thing or the only right thing that needs to happen...

        It clearly does not see the cards MAC address correctly when this
happens (it thinks it is 0a:00:0a:00:0a:00, so it must not be reading the
correct mem location or something).

        Also, at boot it has an additional warning:

ne2: WARNING: powerhook_establish is depricated

        Then, if I attempt to give the card an address, it will take the
command but then says "[...] /netbsd: ne2: remote transmit DMA failed to
complete".  And then "[...] /netbsd: ne2: device timeout".

--TimH