Re: Resolver problems

    Date:        Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:35:49 +0100
    From:        Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf.steinbach%googlemail.com@localhost>

  | Its a non-name router (apparently some Sphairon hardware) supplied by
  | my provider.

OK, not something most if us are ever likely to encounter then.  Good.

  | Neither the (sparse) documentation nor the provider claim
  | to support anything having to do with IPv6.

That actually makes the router bug worse - the bug has nothing to do
with IPv6, it is just the router processing an unknown DNS RR type (to
it) incorrectly - which is why I asked about trying it with other (newish)
obscure DNS record types.

If the router were trying to process IPv6 in some smart way, then it would
still be a bug, but at least it would be understandable - but for something
that isn't supposed to handle v6 at all, and so to which AAAA as a record type
is just random bits (as would a NXT, or SIG RR be probably) and managing
to mangle a query for that is a serious problem in its DNS processing.

kre