Re: games/adventure

BTW, I ran into a C-port of the dungeon-3.2B code

        Translated and ported by Andrew Plotkin <erkyrath%netcom.com@localhost>

This port is closely integrated with the author's own "Glk API" (not sure what it stands for).

There are multiple GLK libraries available fro the author's website, but the "terminal window" library seems to be 32-bit centric (makes explicit and shameless assumptions that a pointer can fit into a 32-bit integer, for example). A "cheapglk" library works, but ends up ignoring the width of the user's terminal; text ouptut longer than one line just gets run-on into the next line, ignoring natural line-breaks, etc.

Other than this Glk thing, it was fairly trivial to get Andrew's C code to compile and actually run!

I'll be happy to make it available to anyone who wants to play. And in my spare time I'll see if I can make it into a real package, and maybe even fix up the glkterm issues to work on 64-bit machines. :)