Re: using a NetBSD host as an iSCSI target for OSX (time machine) (or other mechanisms)

On Nov 16, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Steven Bellovin wrote:
As a hack, how about creating a .dmg file on the NFS or whatever file system, and point Time Machine at it. Would that work? (I just use a USB disk for my Mac backups, so I haven't worried about it.)

Supposedly, yes, although people have reported that using AFP is noticeably faster than using either SMB or NFS filesharing as the transport:

PS: My apologies if this is diverging from NetBSD-oriented stuff...  :-)