Re: using a NetBSD host as an iSCSI target for OSX (time machine) (or other mechanisms)

On 16/11/2009, at 6:15 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 01:52:15PM +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>> From what I can tell, NFS is a poor candidate for this function. I
>> think the extended attribute requirements make it impossible.
>
> Time Machine creates sparse disk images on remote file systems.
> It therefore doesn't matter whether the remote file system supports
> extented attributes or not.

Then it must be for some other reason it failed to make a valid Time Machine
backup on NFS.

I assure you I tried. And, that it failed during the dump phase, despite NFS
clearly working.

And, that other people on Apple lists say "it doesn't work"

Have you succeeded in doing this?

-George