Re: NetBSD 5.0.1 cannot see wireless card

Dear Davide,

I think I have had the same problem a while ago.

I think ENABLING some PCI-stuff in the kernel configuration file actually
helped me, after all.

Some details you can maybe see in this thread:

Kind regards,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:28:37 -0400
> Von: Davide Marini <dmarini%MIT.EDU@localhost>
> Betreff: NetBSD 5.0.1 cannot see wireless card

> Dear Friends of NetBSD:
> I just installed NetBSD 5.0.1 on my new HP Pavilion (AMD Phenom X4) and
> encountered an unusual number of problems:
> 1) On boot, the installer didn't see the hard drive.  I solved this by
> changing the disk controller from RAID to IDE in the BIOS.
> 2) Even after recompiling the GENERIC kernel with most options
> uncommented,
> the wireless card (Atheros) is not seen during boot.
> 'ifconfig -a' doesn't show any ath0 device.
> 3) I cannot mount CDs other than those burned using NetBSD itself.
> No problem in mounting USB keys.
> I am wondering whether anybody else on the list has a similar machine.
> Any help would be very much appreciated!
> Here are the specifications:
> Thank you so much in advance for your time!
> Regards,
> Davide

sicherer, schneller und einfacher!