NetBSD 5.0.1 cannot see wireless card

Dear Friends of NetBSD:

I just installed NetBSD 5.0.1 on my new HP Pavilion (AMD Phenom X4) and
encountered an unusual number of problems:

1) On boot, the installer didn't see the hard drive.  I solved this by
changing the disk controller from RAID to IDE in the BIOS.

2) Even after recompiling the GENERIC kernel with most options uncommented,
the wireless card (Atheros) is not seen during boot.
'ifconfig -a' doesn't show any ath0 device.

3) I cannot mount CDs other than those burned using NetBSD itself.
No problem in mounting USB keys.

I am wondering whether anybody else on the list has a similar machine.
Any help would be very much appreciated!

Here are the specifications:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c01748306&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Thank you so much in advance for your time!

Regards,
Davide