Re: Problems after xorg patch to 5.0_STABLE

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 07:36:50PM +0200, Jukka Salmi wrote:
> I just updated a netbsd-5 i386 system (ThinkPad X40) and I'm seeing the
> problems you describe for the intel driver: black screen as soon as I
> run startx(1), can't switch to another VT afterwards.  Logging in via
> ssh and sending X a SIGKILL just leaves the display garbled.

Put the following in the "ServerFlags" section of your xorg.conf file:

        Option  "DontZap"       "false"

The default has changed in the last X.org release... (a horrible decision, IMHO)

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F