Re: Syslog NG reporting to logserver cluster?

Dirk H. Schulz wrote:
> There is two features I am missing (nothing found in docs and google).
> Just not to overlook something:
> - is it possibe to configure a second remote rsyslog server to report to
> ONLY in case the primary syslog server is unreachable?

AFAIK this is not possible. (Certainly not with UDP and I do not know
any implementation of it with TCP/TLS.)

> - is it possible to configure buffers (RAM, disk) where undeliverable
> messages are buffered until they can be delivered?

syslog-ng has a global option log_fifo_size()
to configure a buffer in RAM.

P.S.: In a NetBSD-only environment you might want to try syslogd(8) from
NetBSD-Current. It also supports buffers for TLS connections.