Re: Syslog NG reporting to logserver cluster?

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Gerhards schrieb:
On Aug 24, 3:40 pm, dirk.sch...%kinzesberg.de@localhost (Dirk H. Schulz) wrote:
Hi folks,

since I did not succeed in running rsyslog on NetBSD, I would like to use Syslog-NGas intense as possible.

There is two features I am missing (nothing found in docs and google).
Just not to overlook something:

- is it possibe to configure a second remote rsyslog server to report to
ONLY in case the primary syslog server is unreachable?

- is it possible to configure buffers (RAM, disk) where undeliverable
messages are buffered until they can be delivered?

Any hint or help is appreciated.

Dirk

--
Posted automagically by a mail2news gateway at muc.de e.V.
Please direct questions, flames, donations, etc. to news-ad...%muc.de@localhost

Hi,

I just saw this on google. rsyslog can do both of this (http://
www.rsyslog.com).

Rainer
That is why I use rsyslog wherever possible, but on NetBSD it seems extremely alien (I did not find anyone who could help with own experience or confirm that it works). And then there is no port of it in pkgsrc, so I would have to look for necessary updates manually.

Dirk