java plugin for native firefox

I have flash and java plugins working for the linux version of
firefox, and I have the mplayer plugins working for the native version
of firefox.  Both versions of firefox work well, but I'd like to have
all of the plugins working on one version and I'd like my downloads to
be saved in the native directory tree as opposed to the linux
compatibility tree.

I have installed openjdk, but I can't find the web plugin.

Is there a way to get a java plugin working with the native version of
firefox?  (I can do without the flash plugin.)

Thanks,

Andrew