Re: BASIC: ip request w/out reboot

Hi, Neal--

On Aug 12, 2009, at 11:24 AM, Neal Hogan wrote:
Is there a way to request an IP without rebooting? I have an old piece
of shit that doesn't always connect at boot and I was wondering/hoping
that there was something that I could run that will ask for an IP
again (eg., /etc/netstart in oBSD).

On most networks, running dhclient will talk to a DHCP / BOOTP server and automatically configure a working IP:

  http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/dhcp.html

You could always fall back to using ifconfig to setup or change your IP address.

Regards,
--
-Chuck