Re: C/C++ development

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Matthias Scheler<tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 04:44:47PM +0200, Goran wrote:
>> my scripts has become too complex and I wanna rewrite them in C/C++.
>
> C and C++ has definitely its uses. But it is not really a good choice
> for replacing shell scripts.
>
> Try a *good* scripting language e.g. Python (but stay way from Perl).

How do you know it's not already a python script?  I find this
recommendation (and anti-recommendation) pretty funny.  Perl seems to
have been working okay for many people in many applications for at
least fifteen years (22 years since perl 1).  But python is pretty
good too.  I happily use both.

In fact, replacing shell scripts with perl scripts requires very
little up-front re-development.  (this, of course, continues the
assumption that the initial thread was concerning a shell script)

Matt