Re: C/C++ development

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:12:05AM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> How do you know it's not already a python script?  I find this
> recommendation (and anti-recommendation) pretty funny.

In my experience Python scripts should never be more complicated than
a C or C++ application. They may however be (significantly) less
performant and scalable or use more use more resources to run.

I also believe that it is unlikely that somebody who writes
unmaintainable complicated Python scripts will be able to write
maintable, simple or even working C or C++ code. C and C++ are
both complicated programming languages.

> Perl seems to have been working okay for many people in many
> applications for at least fifteen years (22 years since perl 1).

We are currently moving from Perl to Python at work because Perl
code is frequently "write-only": it is hard to understand for
anybody except the developer who wrote it. And even the developer
who wrote it frequently cannot understand his or her code after
a few weeks.

        Kind regards