ppp unstable

Hello all,

I'm using NetBSD/amd64 5.0 on a laptop to connect to the Intenet via a mobile phone (using ppp).

   I find ppp to be extremely unstable. There are two major problems:

1) If I dial up after a reboot, I get a connection. If I shut down the connection, then it's a pain to start the ppp connection again. I get weird connection errors.

2) My machine will spontaneously reboot while I'm using the connection. There's no warning; suddenly is just reboots. (This happens pretty often).

And I know someone running NetBSD/i386 4.0 who is having sort of similar problems.

   Note: I don't know if the problem is located in ppp or the usb code.

   Anyone else seeing this?

(No, it's not the memory chips. With an Ethernet cable connection, it's extremely stable).

Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson