cgd newfs problem

Dear NetBSD users,

In my endeavours to make NetBSD my main OS, I tried to set up the CGD
encryption method. Specifically, as I am still testing it, I did not wish to
dedicate an entire partition to it, but tried to make a file and use vnd.
Unfortunately, I cannot do a newfs on the file.

In my last try I tried to follow the instructions by Hubert Feyrer:

http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html/nb_20060823_2311.html

and that is the part where I get a failure message:

# cgdconfig -V re-enter cgd0 /dev/vnd0a $base.cgd
     /dev/vnd0a's passphrase:
     re-enter device's passphrase:
# newfs /dev/cgd0a

The cgdconfig command executes just fine and asks me for my passphrase. But
then, when I try to execute newfs, I just get a message "device busy". Do I do
something wrong? Or should I do something different? - I DID first create the
vnd device, and then on top of it I did cgdconfig, so I do not understand why
newfs refuses to function.

Your kind help will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Nino