Re: PSTN adsl router

> In article <>,
> Andreas Moschos Â<> wrote:
>>i would like to use NetBSD on my home adsl pstn router (currently
>>PHILIPS CGA5722N ) does anybody know if there is a chance i could load
>>NetBSD on this one ? (directions would be appreciated also).
>>In the case it is not possible, any suggestions on the platform i could
>>use at EUROPE/GREECE (mentioning just for the local TELECOM
>>specifications) that could load NetBSD on it and use it for this purpose
>>I prefere to use a router/"embedded device" NOT a pc with a card
>>installed on it.
> These all run linux and I think nobody has pported NetBSD to them.
> christos

>I think Fredrik Pettai ( is working on porting
>to the mips based La Fonera routers.

Thanks for this info.

I found two of the three parts that could fit in a solution like this:

1) ADSL2+ card
It is supposed to be seen just like a realtek NIC :)

2) Setup NetBSD as an access point:
Thanks the author for this.

Still looking for the right board (preferably MIPS, ARM) with two
PCIs (a used/old/cheap board would be fine).
I instantly thought of EFIKA board but looks like it is
discontinued plus any further work that would be needed to run
NetBSD on this.

Take care