Re: problems using NetBSD as accesspoint with non-netbsd clients

David Wetzel --> netbsd-users (2009-06-22 10:33:59 +0200):
> Hi,
>
> does somebody use netbsd 5 (ath) as AP and uses clients like Nokia
> phones or Macs?

I'm running a NetBSD/i386 4.0_STABLE system with an ath(4) and
hostapd(8) (WPA2) as an AP.  Seems to work fine with MacBooks.

> On my mac, I do have connectivity, everything is fine until the
> antenna logo still shows all bars but I cannot reach the internet.

After how long does this happen?

> If I disable/enable the wlan on the mac it works again.
> The Nokia stops being able to register on SIP the only thing that
> seems to help is to restart hostapd.
>
> I am using WPA2. This is the same behaviour if I am 10 meters away or 2.

Did you check the hostapd logs?

Regards, Jukka

--
This email fills a much-needed gap in the archives.