Re: cu take not working?

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 03:53:10PM +0000, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> > No.  It's best to not use 'take' and 'put'.  We include gkermit
> > in the base system so you don't have to -- you can invoke gkermit
> > with ~C from cu on the local end, and just invoke it directly
> > from your shell on the remote end.
>
> Ah, right.  I completely forgot we now have kermit in base.

Well, gkermit, actually, not full kermit.  The license on gkermit is
acceptable for inclusion in base and gkermit is very, very small -- plus
it can be configured to throw files across almost any serial connection,
however damaged, which is very valuable at times.  The alternatives, like
lrzsz, can't do that (and are larger, too).

It's saved my butt on several occasions, which is why I included it.

Thor