Re: cu take not working?

Dear Michael,

I am very well aware of minicom and lrzsz,
just did not yet quite figure out how to
use them for file transfer. Therefore,
thank you very much for your comments -
they'll be a good start.

Apart from this, I tried cu mainly for one
reason: it is part of the base system, so
I hoped it would work best. (Well, it does
not.)

This morning I discovered how to make it
work though, and I think this also explains
what is going wrong: when I say ~take file,
it hangs indefinitely. However, when you
press a few times wildly Ctrl-D (I guess
that does the trick), Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X, it
stops the transfer - which has been even
quite successful. Just: The received file
has two lines that the original does not
have: an empty line and below it a shell
prompt of the kind myhostname$. - Guess
when I transfer the file, it transfers it,
then kicks up this shell prompt, and then
just stops until you "exit" this prompt,
which of course normally you cannot do as
you do not even expect its existence.

So, in short, ~take file + a lot of Ctrl-D,
Ctrl-C & Ctrl-X works.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

Kind regards,

Nino

-------- Original-Nachricht --------