Re: Cdrom Reset

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

George E Sollish wrote:
Further, I see that turning off the hal-daemon unlocks the drive. So one is locking the other and I can probably live without hal. Is it possible that the cd1 error is preventing hal from releasing the drive?

This reminds me of an issue with HAL and CD-ROM drives, a few weeks ago:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-desktop/2009/04/15/msg000098.html

Maybe it is related.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost

It does sound similar. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer so more knowledgeable minds than mine are needed.

Thanks.

George E Sollish        Chief Engineer
                        Auto Gear Company