Re: Cdrom Reset

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

George E Sollish wrote:
Further, I see that turning off the hal-daemon unlocks the drive. So one is locking the other and I can probably live without hal. Is it possible that the cd1 error is preventing hal from releasing the drive?

This reminds me of an issue with HAL and CD-ROM drives, a few weeks ago:

Maybe it is related.

Jean-Yves Migeon

It does sound similar. Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer so more knowledgeable minds than mine are needed.

George E Sollish        Chief Engineer
                        Auto Gear Company