Re: Cdrom Reset

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009, George E Sollish wrote:

Is there a way to unlock or reset a cdrom from the command line?

I was going to suggest either 'atactl' or 'scsictl' but it seems neither will work for this. Can you use the 'eject' command at all?

Any ideas?  Is this a 'feature' of having two 'cd' drives in one machine?

I also have a DVD(-writer) on cd0 and a CD(-writer) on cd1, and can't recall ever having that kind of problem, so I'd say the answer is "no".

MAgnus