Re: NetBSD 5.0/i386 under Parallels 4.0 on on OS X 10.5.7 (Leopard)

Stefan Krüger <stadtkind2%gmx.de@localhost> wrote:

> Try booting NetBSD 5.0 with ACPI disabled (there's an option for that in
> the boot menu), this worked for me, no more ne2 timeouts :)

OK, so that works too -- thanks.  Might be important if Parallels
changes its ACPI support in future.

when the NetBSD virtual machine is configured as either:

a) OS type "Other" and boot NetBSD without ACPI, or
b) OS type "Solaris" version "Solaris 10" and boot with ACPI

(Again, not stress tested: boot and basic networking tests only.)

I'd wonder what the difference is except that I might learn more
than I want to know about ACPI if I investigated ...

Thanks and regards,

Giles